Last Friday was the big day for my LASIK! A lot of friends have been asking how it went - who did the surgery...and all that. So I thought I would share here!
1. Who performed your LASIK?
2. How did you pick your doctor?
- Well - oddly enough I bought the procedure on Atlanta Groupon at half-price! Normally you wouldn't think to buy a surgery at a discount - but I saw the offer - did my research and decided it was great timing, a great deal and a great doctor!
3. What did the surgery feel like?
- It just felt like pressure on my eye - I was a little nervous but Dr. Ashraf talked me through the entire procedure and it was over in MINUTES!
4. Did you have any side-effects ot pain?
- So far I haven't had any negative side effects! My eyes are healing well and i am keeping drop in them as directed. They are occasionally a bit dry - but hey - I just had surgery 4 days ago!
5. Was the surgery a success?
- YES! I have been in glasses since the 3rd grade! and contacts since the 8th. I was a -5.5 in both eyes which means i couldn't even see the BIG E. The morning after surgery I was 20/30 and 20/40 which will sharpen and improve to 20/20 over the next few weeks.
I feel like I have been given the gift of vision now! I can see at night, see the alarm clock, and my eyes actually look healthier since I haven't been wearing contacts for the past 2 weeks. If ever given the opportunity I would say GO FOR IT!
I have a video - but the internet is too slow to load it! Awesome:)