No Shave November has ENDED! Aaron came home from working Saturday and had a nice and lovely clean shaven face! I have never appreciated his little face so much in my life. He said he shaved it because I didn't like it...however - I personally think it was getting on his nerves too!
Saturday and Sunday we spent a lot of time in the yard. We planted some new flowers - transplanted some old plants and planted a new tree in the back yard. It's a Green Ash Tree - which is supposed to be a fast growing shade tree. So now we have a total of 2 trees in our yard! WOW!!
After all that yard work - we needed some more pine bark and top soil - so on Sunday after church we made a trip to Wallie World. Aaron exact comment was "I think after this we are going to be 'Bark Broke'". Needless to say - we had just enough to cover the flower beds and the base of the tree - it did make for a good laugh though!
Our front yard tree is shedding some massive leaves - this one was on the sidewalk - and I'm not sure that I've seen a leaf this bid in all my life. It's bigger than my face - and that says a lot! I also remembered that I had taken this picture last week - I didn't understand it at first - but then Smabitha explained... It's a bakery for pet treats - they aren't baking pets - or selling birthday cake for people at the vet. It did seem kinda odd at first though!
And Lastly - in response to Ashley's post -
1. When I was 3 years old my mom accidentally stepped on the end of my right pinky while I was crawling up some stairs - and literally chopped off the end of my finger. After surgery - and a lot of prayer - part of my finger AND my fingernail grew back. The only difference is that it's a little shorter than my left pinky - but not a deal breaker!
2. When I was 5 my Papa bought me a Honda 50 special edition motorcycle. He tied a yellow rope to the back of it and would chase me around the yard - knowing that if I went to fast or was headed for danger - he cound just hold me back with the rope. To this day (20 years later) that litte motorcycle still runs - and will tote about a 200lb person on it!
3. In college I got in the car with Rachael Travis - saw this guy named Aaron Zakeri getting into another car in the parking lot and I said to Rach, "see that guy right there - I'm going to marry him one day" After she was like you are crazy and who is that...2 years later we were married!!
4. I am a heat nazi! Just today I turned the heat on in our house - the thermostat said 58 degrees - I held out for as long as I could! Aaron now claims that he's the champion of "Heater Holdout 2008"
5. In highschool - after the Valentine's banquet, I was walking with a group of friends (and my date) out to the car. I stepped of the curb in my new shoes - onto the pavement - fell flat on my butt and laughed so hard I peed my pants - by far one of the most embarassing monents in my life...but it's a funny story to tell now.
6. I had my hair highlighted ONE time - and it was a total disaster! it looked like 4 skunks were living in the front of my hairline. So after forming a great relationship with some clairol color for the next 5 months - I decided to not mess with my hair again!
7. I had several nicknames in High School - Ghetto, Bubbles and Meesh. THANK THE LORD that Meesh was the only one that stuck! You can only imagine how I got the other names!
Whew - this was exhausting!